Islamabad, (IINA) - At least two people were killed and 14 others wounded in a coordinated attack on the state-run National Radio Television in Afghanistan's eastern Nangarhar province on Wednesday, officials said.
The provincial governor's spokesman Attaullah Khogyani confirmed the attack on the radio station in Jalalabad, the provincial capital. The spokesman told media that four assailants were involved in the assault where two of them were gunned down by security forces, and two of them blew themselves up. He further said that most employees of the broadcaster were rescued.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital where conditions of few were reported critical. The compound was cordoned off by Afghan security forces. No insurgent group has so far claimed responsibility for the raid.
Source: International Islamic News Agency