Karachi, November 30, 2012 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find herewith copy of the Notice for the Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on December 21, 2012 for your record and necessary action please.
Notice of the Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of Al-Abid Silk Mills Limited will be held at the Auditorium of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, G-31/8, Kehkashan, Clifton, Karachi on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the 44th Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 30th October, 2012.
2. To elect seven Directors as fixed by the Board for a term of three years in accordance with Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
The names of retiring Directors are Messrs Naseem A. Sattar, Azim Ahmed, S.M. Jawed Azam, Mst. Adia Naseem, Mrs. Sadaf Nadeem, Mrs. Reena Azim and Mrs. Asra Amir.
The nominee Director of NIT appointed U/S 183 is not subject to retirement and will continues to be the nominee Director of NIT on the Board of Directors of the Company under Section 183 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
3. To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from December 15, 2012 to December 21, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of meeting.
3. Members are requested to promptly notify the Company of any change in their addresses.
CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting.
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the persons whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) or, original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirements.
ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and (CNIC) numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii) Attested copies of (CNIC) or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The proxy shall produce his original (CNIC) or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Al-Abid silk mills Limited
A/139.S.I.T.E. Manghopir Road, Karachi.
P.O. Box: 3677 S.I.T.E. Karachi
Phones: (92-21) 32560040-48
Fax No: (92-21)32564718-32563639