Karachi: In accordance with Clause (xxiii) of the Listing Regulation No.35 under Code of Corporate Governance, we are pleased to convey the following information:-
1. The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (“SECP”) has approved the Offering Document of Al Meezan Mutual Fund (“the Scheme”), constituted for conversion of the Company into an Open-end Scheme and has registered the Scheme as a Notified Entity under Regulation 44 of the NBFC Regulations.
2. The Register of Members (shareholders) of the Company shall remain closed from July 29, 2011 to August 4, 2011 (both days inclusive) for determining the entitlement of distribution of profit to the shareholders of the Company for the year ended in 30, 2011 and for the period July 1, 2011 to July 31, 2011 and also for determination of the entitlement of the shareholders to the Units of the Scheme in lieu of the shards of the Company on the basis of the swap ratio of 1:1 i.e. each shareholder of the Company whose name has been registered in the Register of Members on July 28, 2011 shall be issued one fully paid-up Unit of the Scheme of the par value of Rs:10/-, with no Front-end Load as Conversion Unit as per the terms of the Scheme of Arrangement approved by the shareholders of the Company at the EOGM of April 27, 2011.
Upon issuance of Conversion Units, the shares of the Company shall stand cancelled and the status of the shareholder of the Company shall stand changed to Conversion Unit Holders of the Scheme.
3. The trading of the shares of the Company at the Karachi Stock Exchange shall be suspended from July 29, 2011 i.e. the last day of trading will be July 28, 2011,
4. The Scheme shall become operational from the date following the last date of the book closure i.e. from August 5, 2011, which shall be the Effective Date of the Conversion.
5. From the Effective Date, Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited who is the custodian of the assets of the Company, will assume the status of the Trustee of the Scheme and hold the assets of the Scheme as Trustee in accordance with the provisions of the Trust Deed and the Offering Document of the Scheme and the NBPC Regulations. THK Associates (Private) Limited win cease to be the Registrar/Transfer Agent of the Company and Meezan Bank Limited will be appointed as the Registrar/ Transfer Agent of the Scheme.
For more information, contact:
Syed Owis Wasti
Al-Meezan Mutual Fund Limited
Ground Floor, Block ‘B’,
Finance and Trade Centre,
Karachi 74400, Pakistan.
UAN: 111-633-926 (111-MEEZAN)
Fax: (92-21) 563 0808