Karachi, September 26, 2012 (PPI-OT): We are enclosing herewith copies of our advertisement published in daily “Business Recorder” and “Nawa-i-waqt” dated September 25, 2012, published from Karachi a.m. Lahore in connection with Notice of our Extra Ordinary General Meeting, to be held on October 17, 2012 at Registered of the Company.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held on 17th of the Company to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting.
2. To consider and if through fit to pass the following resolution, with or without any amendment, as Special Resolution.
Resolved that after existing clause 4 of object clause III following new clause 5 alongwith its sub clause a to be and are hereby inserted, added and remaining existing clause 5 to 26 are re-numbered as clause 6 to 27:
5. To set up, establish operate, manage, generate and run Power Generation Plants, from different means and sources and to generate and supply electricity to all concerns, in order to carryout and fulfill the object, the Company shall be authorized:
a) To generate, produce, manufacture, store, sell, export to supply electricity to all concerns, by whatever means including wind-mill, thermal, hydral, gas, and solar for industrial, commercial and residential use through distribution network and to construct, install, operate and maintain thereon power house, civil and mechanical works and structures, grid stations, transmission towers, power lines, building, workshops and other facilities as may time to time be necessary for the attainment of the object of the company.
b) To construct, lay-down, establish, fix, and carry Out all necessary power stations, cables, wires, lines, accumulators, and works and to generate accumulate, distribute and supply electricity to cities, towns, streets, docks, markets, theaters, industrial zones, sites, areas and perks, buildings and places public and private.
c) To carry, on and undertake all civil, electrical and mechanical works related to the aforementioned business, and to generate, accumulate, distribute and such by electricity for the purposes of light, heat, motive power and for all other purposes for which electrical energy can be employed, and to deal in all apparatuses and things required for or cable of being used in connection with the generation with the distribution, supply, accumulation and employment of electricity.
d) To manufacture, process, buy, sell, exchange, alter improve, otherwise deal in all kinds of electrical plants, machinery equipments, appliance, energy saving devices, and products, gadgets, components and parts including specialized equipments for the purposes of the business for the Company, and to manufacture, import, export, sell, buy, and deal in all accessories, articles, apparatus, equipment and goods, which may seem calculated to promote or to be capable of being used in connection with the use of electric power supply.
e) To enter into, make and perform contracts and arrangements of every kind and description with the Central, Provincial government, City Government, or Local Authority or person that may be conducive to the Company’s Object audio obtain from any Government Authority, firm or person any rights, privileges, contracts, concessions, exemptions, permissions approvals and grants which the company may think desirable, audio obtain and carry out, exercise and comply with any arrangements, rights, privileges, contracts and concession and dispose of the same or turn into account the same.
Further resolved that Mr. Khawa Anver Majid Director and Chief Executive and Mr. Zafar Ali Company Secretary be and are hereby authorized to sign and submit application and such other documents to the CR0, Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan as may be required for giving effect to the above resolution.
3. Any other business with the permission of chair.
1. The shares transfer book of the company will remain close from October 09th 2012 to October 17th 2012 (both day inclusive).
2. A member entitles to attended and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his / her behalf. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received by the company not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
3. The shareholders are requested to notify any change in their address immediately. Kindly quote your folio number in all correspondences with the company.
Statement U/S 160(1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 Annexed to the Notice of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Members of Ansari Sugar Mills Limited, to be Held on October 17th 2012 And Sets Out Material Facts Concerning the Special Business to be Transacted in the Said Meeting
1. It is intended to establish and run power generation plant for use in the existing Sugar Mill as well as to supply electricity to the nearby consumers.
2. The existing Memorandum of Association of the Company do not authorize to undertake business of power generation, therefore alteration in Memorandum of Association of the Company is being
3. None of the Director / Chief Executive has any interest except in their capacity as ordinary shareholder of the Company.
For more information, contact:
Ansari Sugar Mills Limited
H.O. 1st Floor, Block-2,
Hockey Club of Pakistan Stadium,
Karachi – 75350, Pakistan
UAN: 92-21 111-48-48-48,
Ph: 4522909, 4522934,