Karachi: Notice is hereby given that Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Aruj Garment Accessories Limited (ARUJ) will be held on Saturday, 31 March, 2012 at 10:00 A.M. at the Registered office of the Company at 2-KM, Off: Raiwind Manga Road, Raiwind, Lahore to transact the following business.
a) To Confirm the Minutes of last Annual General Meeting held on 29th October, 2011.
b) To Consider and elect SEVEN directors in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for the next term of three years.
As fixed by the Board of Directors, the number of directors on the Board would be seven. The names of retiring directors are:
1. Mr. Maqsood Ahmad Butt
2. Dr. (Mrs.) Naseem Maqsood
3. Mr. Ali Maqsood Butt
4. Mrs. Naheed Munir
5. Sheikh Ghulam Mustafa
6. Mrs. Durrey Zara Butt
7. Miss Aruj Butt
Any person who seeks to contest an election to the office of Director shall file with the Company at its Registered Office at 2-KM, Off Raiwind Manga Road, Raiwind, Lahore a notice of his intentions of offer himself for election not later than 14 days before the date of Extra Ordinary General Meeting.
c) To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from March 24, 2012 to March 31, 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received at company’s Registered Office up to close of business on March 23, 2012 will be considered in time.
2. Any person who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the Company not later than 14 days before the date of meeting at which elections are to be held, a notice of his / her intention to offer himself / herself for election as Director in terms of Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
3. Member who have not yet submitted photocopies of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) are requested to send the same at the earliest.
4. A member eligible to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote instead of him/her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Company’s Registered Office, not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting and must be duly stamped, signed and witnessed.
5. Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the change in address, if any to Company Shares Registrar i. e. M/s Corplink (Pvt) Limited Wings Arcade, 1-K, Commercial, Model Town, Lahore Tel: 042-35916714-35916719-35839182.
6. Form of proxy is enclosed with the notice sent to members.
For more information, contact:
Aruj Garment Accessories Limited
2 KM, Off Raiwind Manga Road,