Karachi: We enclose copy of Notice of 20th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the bank to be held on Thursday, 29th March 2012 at 12:00 noon at Karachi, for circulation amongst your members.
The above Notice of AGM will be published in the newspapers of Thursday 8th March 2012 and we shall forward to you clippings of the same.
Notice of The 20th Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 20th Annual General Meeting of Bank Alfalah Limited (BAFL) will be held on 29th March 2012 at 12:00 noon at Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi, to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the 19th Annual General Meeting held on 28th March 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited Annual Accounts and Consolidated Accounts of the Bank for the year ended December 31, 2011 together with Directors’ Report and Auditors’ Report thereon.
3. To approve as recommended by the Board of Directors, payment of’ cash dividend at the rate of Rs.1.75/- per share, i.e. 17.50%.
4. To appoint Auditors of the Bank for the year 2012 and fix their remuneration.
5. To approve the remuneration paid to the non-executive directors of the Bank for attending Board meetings and meetings of the Board Committees for the year ended December 31, 2011 and to pass the following resolution as an Ordinary Resolution:
“RESOLVED that the remuneration paid to the non-executive directors of the Bank for attending Board meetings and meetings of the Board Committees, as disclosed in notes 27 and 36 of the audited Annual Accounts of the Bank for the year ended December 31, 2011, be and is hereby approved”.
6. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The statement of material facts under Section 160(1)(b) of the Companies Ordinance 1984 relating to the aforesaid Special Business to be transacted at the Annual General Meeting is being sent to the Members with the Notice.
2. The Share Transfer Books of the Bank will be closed from 22nd March 2012 to 29th March 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received at the office of our Share Registrar, M/s. F.D. Registrar Services (SMC-Pvt) Limited, situated at Office No. 1108, 11th Floor, Trade Centre, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi, before the close of business on 21st March 2012 will he treated in time for the purpose of above entitlement to the transferees.
3. A member entitled to attend, and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf. A corporation being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official and any other person whether a member of the Bank or otherwise.
4. An instrument of proxy and a Power of Attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or notarized copy of such Power of Attorney must be valid and deposited at the Share Registrar of the Bank, F.D. Registrar Services (SMC-Pvt) Limited, Office No. 1108, 11th Floor, Trade Centre, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi, not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
5.Those shareholders, whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company of Pakistan Ltd (CDC) are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNTC) alongwith participant’s ID number and their account/sub-account numbers in CDC to facilitate identification at the time of Annual General Meeting. In ease of Proxy, attested copies of proxy’s CNJC or passport, Account and Participant’s LD. numbers must be deposited alongwith the Form of Proxy with our Share Registrar as per paragraph No. 4 above. In case of Proxy for corporate members, the Board of’ Directors’ Resolution/power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting (unless it has been provided earlier to the Share Registrar).
6. Shareholders are requested to notify change in their address, if any, to our Share Registrar, F.D. Registrar Services (SMC-Pvt) Limited.
Statement of Material Facts
Under Section 160(1)(b) of the Companies Ordinance 1984
Concerning the Agenda Item No.5
Pursuant to Prudential Regulation G-1 (C), the Board of Directors by Resolution dated 24th August 2011 decided that as a reasonable and appropriate remuneration the following sum be paid to each non-executive Director of the Bank for attending Board/Board Committee meetings held after 1st February 2011:
A sum of US$10,000/- to each non-executive Director for each Board meeting attended by him.
A sum of US$8,000/- to each non-executive Director for each Board Committee meeting attended by him.
No remuneration is being paid to the Chairman of the Bank for attending Board meetings.
Except the Chairman, the other non-executive directors are interested to the extent stated above in the Special Business.
For more information, Contact:
Bank Alfalah Limited
B. A. Building I. I. Chundrigar Road,
Tel: (92-21) 2414030-10
Fax: (92-21) 2411151
Web Site: www.bankalfalah.com