Karachi: We write further to our letter dated 6th March 2012 on the captioned subject.
We enclose newspaper clippings of the Notice of 20th Annual General Meeting of Bank Alfalah Limited (BAFL) to be held on 29th March 2012 at Karachi published in the daily Business Recorder and Express of today, i.e. 8th March 2012, in their Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad editions.
Notice of The 20th Annual General Meeting
NOTICE is hereby given that the 20th Annual General Meeting of Bank Alfalah Limited will be held on 29th March, 2012 at 12:00 noon at Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi, to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the 19th Annual General Meeting held on 28th March, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited Annual Accounts and Consolidated Accounts of the Bank for the year ended December 31, 2011 together with Directors’ Report and Auditors’ Report thereon.
3. To approve as recommended by the Board of Directors, payment of cash dividend at the rate of Rs.1 .751- per share, i.e. 17.50%.
4. To appoint Auditors of the Bank for the year 2012 and fix their remuneration.
5. To approve the remuneration paid to the non-executive directors of the Bank for attending Board meetings and meetings of the Board Committees for the year ended December 31, 2011 and to pass the following resolution as an Ordinary Resolution:
“RESOLVED that the remuneration paid to the non-executive directors of the Bank for attending Board meetings and meetings of the Board Committees, as disclosed in notes 27 and 36 of the audited Annual Accounts of the Bank’ for the year ended December 31, 2011, be and is hereby approved.”
6. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The statement of material facts under Section 160(1)(b) of the Companies Ordinance 1984 relating to the aforesaid Special Business is being sent to the Members with the Notice.
2. The Share Transfer Books of the Bank will be closed from 22nd March, 2012 to 29th March, 2012 (both clays inclusive).Transfers received at the office of our Share Registrar, M/s. F, D. Registrar Services (SMC-Pvt) Limited, situated at Office No. 1108, 11th Floor, Trade Centre, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi, before the close of business on 21St March, 2012 will be treated in time for the purpose of above entitlement to the transferees.
3. A member entitled to attend, and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf. A corporation being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person whether a member of the Bank or otherwise.
4. An instrument of proxy and a Power of Attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or notarized copy of such Power of Attorney must be valid and deposited at the Share Registrar of the Bank, F.D. Registrar Services (SMC-Pvt) Limited, Office No. 1108, 11th Floor, Trade Centre, I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi, not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
5. Those shareholders, whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company of Pakistan Ltd. (CDC) are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) alongwith participant’s ID number and their account/sub-account numbers in CDC to facilitate identification at the time of Annual General Meeting. In case of proxy, attested copies of proxy’s CNIC or passport, Account and Participant’s I.D. numbers must be deposited alongwith the Form of Proxy with our Share Registrar as per paragraph No.4 above. In case of proxy for corporate members, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the meeting (unless it has been provided earlier to the Share Registrar).
6. Shareholders are requested to notify change in their address, if any, to our Share Registrar, F.D. Registrar Services (SMC-Pvt) Limited.
For more information, Contact:
Bank Alfalah Limited
B. A. Building I. I. Chundrigar Road,
Tel: (92-21) 2414030-10
Fax: (92-21) 2411151
Web Site: www.bankalfalah.com