Karachi: NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 26th Annual General Meeting of Century Insurance Company Limited (CENI) will be held on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 at 11:30 am, at Moose D. Desai Auditorium, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, near Teen Talwar, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the audited financial statements of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ reports thereon.
2. To declare final dividend in cash @ 10% i.e. Re.1.00 per share of Rs.10 each as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint Auditors and fix their remuneration.
All listed Companies in financial sector are required to change their external auditors every five years as per clause xli (a) of the Cods of Corporate Governance under Listing Regulations of Stock Exchanges.
M/s, KPMG Taseer Hadi and Company, Chartered Accountants, have been auditors of the Company for a period of five years. The Board, on the recommendation of the Audit Committee of the Company has proposed the appointment of M/S. Ernst and Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder, Chartered Accountant, as auditors for the year 2012 A notice under section 253(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 has also been received from a shareholder of the Company to the same effect.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 19 April 2012 to 25 April 2012 (both days Inclusive). Transfers received in order by the Shares Registrar of the Company, M/s. FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited, Sate Life Building No.1-A, 1st Floor, I.I. Chundrigar Road. Karachi upto the date of business on 18 April 2012 will be treated in time for entitlement of the dividend.
2. A member, who has deposited his/her shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited, must bring his/her participant’s ID number and CDC account/sub-account number along with original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport at the time of attending the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and veto Instead of him/her.
4. Forms of proxy, in order to be valid must be properly filled in/executed and received at the registered office of the Company situated at Lakson Square, Building No.2, Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi not later than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify Share Registrar of the Company promptly of any change in their addresses.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) are requested to send that game to our Shares Registrar at the earliest.
7. Form of Proxy is appended to the annual report and is being dispatched to the members.
For more information, contact:
Century Insurance Company Limited
Lakson Square, Building No 2,
Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi
Fax: 92-21-3588 3410
Tel: 3569 8000