Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Dadex Eternit Limited (DADX) (“Company”) will be held on Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company i.e., Dadex House, 34-A/1, Block 6, P.E.C.H.S., Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi, to elect ten (10) Directors of the Company for a period of three (3) years commencing from July 13, 2011, in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The names of the retiring Directors are:
1. Mr. Abu Talib H.K. Dada
2. Mr. Maqbool H.H. Rahimtoola
3. Mr. Qazi Sajid Ali
4. Mr. Shahzad M. Husain
5. Mr. Samad Dada
6. Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Lakhani
7, Mr. Jahangir Siddiqui
8. Mr. Rasheed Y. Chinoy
9. Mr. Mohammad Suleman Kanjiani
10. Mr. Mohsin Ashfaque
The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
1. The Board of Directors has fixed the numbers of directors to be elected at ten (10), as required under Section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
2. Any person who seeks to contest the election to the office of Directors shall whether he is a retiring Director or otherwise, file with the Company, not later than 14 days before the date of meeting, a notice of his intention to offer himself for election as a Director.
3. The Register of Members and the Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from Thursday, June 30, 2011 to Thursday, July 7, 2011 (both days inclusive)., Transfers received in order at the office of our Share Registrar, M/s. Ganglees Registrar Services (Pvt.) Limited 516, Clifton Centre, Khayaban-e-Roomi, Block-5, Clifton, Karachi-75600 by the close of business hours on June 29, 2011 will be treated in time for incorporating the changes in the Register of Members as at June 30, 2011.
4. Entitlement to attend, participate and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting will be according to the Register of Members as at June 30, 2011
5. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf. An instrument of proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or a notarially certified copy of such power or authority, must, to be valid, be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of meeting.
6. An instrument of proxy applicable for the Meeting. In which a Member can direct the proxy how he/she wishes the proxy to vote, is being provided with the notice sent to Members. Further copies of the instruments of proxy may be obtained from the Registered Office of the Company during normal office hours.
7. Members are requested to notify immediately changes, if any, in their registered addresses to our Share Registrar as mentioned above.
8. Members who have not yet submitted a photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) to the Company are requested to send the same to our Share Registrar as mentioned above at the earliest.
9. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under-mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting:
i. In the case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder whose securities and registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his original CNIC or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii. In the case of a corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with the specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of attending the meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i. In the case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder whose securities and registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii. Attested copies of the CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv. The proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v. In the case of a corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with the specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with the proxy form to the Company.
10. Transport will be available for members at 10:00 a.m. sharp outside the premises of the Karachi Stock Exchange Building to take them to the venue of the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Dadex Eternit Limited
Dadex House, 34-A/1,
Block 6, P.E.C.H.S.,
Tel: +9221 111-000-789
Fax: +9221 34315716