Karachi: We are pleased to enclose herewith copies of the “English and Urdu” versions of the Notice of Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled to be held on Thursday, 29th March 2012, which will appear in the following Newspapers on Wednesday, 7th March 2012.
Business Recorder (English) – Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad
Nawa-i-Waqt (Urdu) – Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Forty Fourth Annual General Meeting of Dawood Hercules Corporation Limited will be held at Karachi Marriot Hotel, Abdullah Haroon Road, Karachi, on Thursday 29th March 2012 at 11:00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of the Extraordinary General Meeting held on Thursday, 28th April 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Company for the year ended 31st December 2011 together with the Auditors’ and Directors’ Report thereon.
3. To consider and, if thought fit, approve payment of final cash dividend at the rate of Rs. 1.00 per share (10%) for the year ended 31st December 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors.
4. To appoint Auditors for the year ending 31st December 2012 and to fix their remuneration.
1. Closure of Share Transfer Books:
The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from Monday, 19th March 2012 to Thursday, 29th March 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order at the office of our Share Registrar, M/s. Corplink (Pvt.) Ltd. Wings Arcade, 1-K, Commercial Model Town, Lahore, by the close of business (1300 hrs) on Saturday, 17th March 2012 will be treated in time for the purpose of above entitlements to the transferees.
2. Participants in the Annual General Meeting:
All members of the Company are entitled to attend the Meeting and vote thereat in person of through Proxy. A proxy duly stamped shall have such rights as respects speaking and voting at the meeting as are available to a member. The Proxies shall produce their Original CNICs or Original Passports at the time of the meeting.
A member of the Company may appoint another member as his/her Proxy to attend and vote instead of him/ her. A Corporation being a member may appoint any person whether or not a member of the Company as its Proxy. In the case of corporate entities the Board of Directors’ resolution/ Power of attorney with specimen signature of the person nominated to represent and vote with the Proxy Form.
In order to be effective Proxy Forms, duly filled and signed, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company not less than forty eight (48) hours before the meeting.
4. Change of Address:
Any change of address of members should be notified immediately at this office of our shares Registrar.
For more information, Contact:
Dawood Hercules Corporation Limited
11th Floor, Dawood Centre, M.T. Khan Road,
Karachi, 75530, Pakistan
Tel: (+92-21) 35686001-16
Fax: (+92-21) 35682071