Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held on Saturday July 9, 2011 at 10:30 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company at Dodhy Building, 2nd Floor, 52-E, Jinnah Avenue, (Blue Area) Islamabad to transact the following business:
To elect eight directors as fixed by the Board in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years commencing July 10, 2011. The retiring Directors are Messrs. Rafique R. Bhimjee, Saifuddin N. Zoomkawala, Sultan Ahmad, Jahangir Siddiqui, Abdul Rahman Haji Habib, Muneer R. Bhimjee, Wolfram W. Karnowski, Hasanali Abdullah and Taher G. Sachak.
1. Nomination/Consent for the office of the Directors must be received atleast 14 clear days before the meeting at the Registered Office of the Company.
2. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from July 3, 2011 to July 9, 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order by our Shares Registrar, Technology Trade (Pvt.) Limited, Dagia House, 241-C, Block-2, P.E.C.H.S., Shahrah-e-Quaideen, Karachi at the close of the business on July 2, 2011 will be considered in time to attend and vote at the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote in respect of him. Forms of proxy must be deposited at the Company’s Registered Office not later than 48 hours before the time appointed for the meeting.
4. CDC Account Holders are advised to follow the following guidelines of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
a. For Attending the Meeting:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
b. For Appointing Proxies:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
5. Members are requested to communicate to our Shares Registrar of any change in their addresses.
For more information, contact:
EFU General Insurance Limited
EFU House, M.A. Jinnah Road,
P.O. Box: 5005
Karachi – 74000.
Tel: +9221 32313471-90
Fax: +9221 32310450