Karachi: We enclose a copy of Notice of Meeting of our 20th Annual General Meeting to be held on April 14, 2012.
Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 20th Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of EFU Life Assurance Ltd, will be held at 2nd Floor, Dodhy Building, 52-E, Blue Area, Jinnah Avenue, Islamabad on Saturday, 14th April, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. to:
1. Confirm the minutes of the 19th Annual General Meeting held on April 27, 2011.
2. Receive, consider and approve the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended December 31, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ reports thereon.
3. Consider and if thought fit to approve the payment of Dividend at the rate of Rs.5/- per share for the year ended December 31, 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors.
4. Appoint Auditors for the year 2012 and fix their remuneration.
5. Transact any other matter with the permission of the Chair.
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at the General Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote in respect of him. Form of proxy must be deposited at the Company’s Registered Office not later than 48 hours before the time appointed for the meeting.
2. CDC Account holders are advised to follow the following guidelines of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
a. For attending the meeting:
(i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and / or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing hit original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
(ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it hat been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
b. For appointing proxies:
(i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and / or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
(ii) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
(iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
(iv) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
(v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along-with proxy form to the Company.
3. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from April 6, 2012 to April 14, 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfer received in order by our Shares Registrar, Technology Trade (Pvt) Ltd., Dagia House, 241-C, Block-2, P.E.C.H.S. Shahrah-e-Quaideen, Karachi at the close of business on April 5, 2012 will be considered in time to attend and vote at the meeting and for the entitlement of Dividend.
4. Members are requested to communicate to our Shares Registrar of any change in their addresses.
For more information, Contact:
EFU Life Assurance Limited
37-K, Block 6, PECHS
Tel: (021) 111-EFU-111 (111-338-111)
Fax: (021) 453-751 9 and 453-5079