Karachi, November 08, 2012 (PPI-OT): 1. Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of this Company will be held at 1030 hours on 05 December 2012 for election of Directors at Hotel Pearl Continental Rawalpindi.
2. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from 29 November 2012 to 05 December 2012 (both days Inclusive).
Notice of the 8th Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 8th Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held at 1030 hours 06 December 2012 (Wednesday) at Hotel Pearl Continental Rawalpindi, to transact the following business:-
1. To confirm the Minutes of 20th Annual General Meeting held on30 October 2012.
2. To elect Directors of the Company for a period of three years commencing from 13 December 2012 to 12 December 2015 in terms of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, in that.
a. Pursuant to Section 178 (1) and (2) (a) of the Companies Ordinance 1984, the Board of Directors through a resolution passed in the 96th Meeting of the Board of Directors held on 30 October 2012 have fixed the number of Directors as 10.
b. Pursuant to Section 178 (2) (b), of the Companies Ordinance 1964, names of the retiring Directors are:-
(1) Lt Gen (R) Muhammad Mustafa Khan, HI (M)
(2) Lt Gen (R) Muhammad Sabir, HI (M)
(3) Mr. Qaiser Javed
(4) Dr. Nadeem Inayat
(5) Brig (R) Agha Ali Hassan
(6) Brig (R) Parvez Sarwar Khan
(7) Brig (R) Dr. Gulfam Alam
(8) Brig (R) Muhammad Saeed Khan
(9) Mr. Max Kruse
3. Any other business with the permission by the Chairman.
(1) The share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from 29 November 2012 to 05 December 2012 (both days inclusive). No transfer will be accepted for registration during this period.
(2) Any person who seeks to contest the election to the office of Directors shall file at the Registered Office of the Company not later than 14 days before the date of meeting, a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/ herself for election as Director in terms of Section 178 (3) of the companies Ordinance, 1984.
(3) A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General meeting may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in place of the member. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received at the Registered Office located at Fauji Tower, Block-III, 68 Tipu Chaklala, Rawalpindi, Pakistan duly stamped and signed, not loss than 48 hours before the Meeting. A member may not appoint more than one proxy. A copy of shareholder’s attested CNIC must be attached with the proxy form.
(4) CDC Account Holders are required to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:-
(a) For Attending the Meeting
i. In case of Individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original national identity card or passport at the time of attending the Meeting.
ii. in case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the Meeting.
(b) For Appointing Proxies
i. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii. Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shell be furnished with the Proxy Form.
iv. The Proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC original passport at the time of the Meeting.
v. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted to the Company along with Proxy Form.
(5) Members are requested to promptly notify any change in their addresses.
(6) For any other information, please contact Ph: 051-9280081-83, Fax No: 051-9260416. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and Web Site: www.fccl.com.pk
For more information, contact:
Brig (R) Sajjad Azam Khan
Fauji Cement Company Limited
Fauji Towers, Block-III,
68 Tipu Road, Chaklala,
Fax No: 051-9280416