Islamabad: The Federal Minister for Finance Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh, while presiding a meeting here today, has discussed the progress of different sections of Gawadar Link Road to Ratodero. He emphasized the importance of this project regarding the economic prosperity of our country and said that Gawadar Port Project is vital for the upliftment of desert areas and coastal lines of Balochistan. The projects that were discussed in details are of different sections of Gawadar Ratodero Link Road:
1. M-8: GAWADAR-TURBAT-HOSHAB (193 KM): The overall progress is 68% and the PSDP allocation for FY-2011/12 is Rs.15 million. This section has been planned to be completed by December 2012
2. N-85: HOSBAD-PANJGUR-NAAG-BASIMA-SORAB (454 KM): The overall progress is 17%, and PSDP allocation for FY-2011/12 is Rs.1800 million. It has been planned to be completed by June, 2014
3. M-8: HOSBAB-AWARAN-KHUZDAR (414 KM): This project will be initiated in second phase.
4. N-30: BASIMA-KHUZDAR (110 KM): The design phase of the Bahima-Khuzdar section has been completed the PC-1 costing Rs.4,397.293 million has been approved by ECNEC. Procurement of supervisory consultants and contractors is in progress.
5. M-8: KHUZDAR-SHAHDAD KOT (242 KM): showed progress about 73%. Out of 242 km length, 100 km has already been constructed whereas work on the left over sections is in progress. An amount of Rs.6.5 billion would be required for a completion of remaining work.
Deputy Chairman Planning Commission, Secretary Finance, Secretary Economic Affairs Division, Secretary Communication, Secretary Planning and Development, Chairman NHA, DG FWO and other high officials were present in the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Haji Ahmed Malik
Principal Information Officer
Press Information Department (PID)
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326