Karachi: As per Stock Exchange Reg. 18(2) enclosed please find a copy of the Notice (to be published on August 26, 2011) of the Annual General Meeting to be held on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan Auditorium, Clifton, Karachi.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Twenty Eighth Annual, General Meeting of Golden Arrow Selected Stock Fund Limited will be held on Wednesday, 21 September, 2011 at 09:00 a.m. at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan Auditorium, Chattered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi to transact the following business: –
1. To confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on October 29, 2010.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Accounts together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Report for the year ended June 30, 2011.
3. To approve the payment of final cash dividend @ 15% i.e. Re. 0.75 per share of Rs.5/- each for the year ended June 30, 2011, as recommended by the Board of Directors.
4. To appoint Auditors of the Company and to fix their remuneration for the year ending June 30, 2012. In order to comply with the requirements of Regulation 53 of the Non Banking Finance Companies and Notified Entities Regulations, 2008 the Audit Committee has recommended the appointment of M/s. Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder & Co., Chartered Accountants, as the Auditors for the year ending June 30, 2012, as the retiring Auditors M/s. A. F. Ferguson & Co, Chartered Accountants, have been the auditors of the Company for five consecutive years.
5. To transact any other business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from September 14, 2011 to September 21, 2011 (both days Inclusive). Physical scrips transfers / CDS transaction IDs received in order at the office of Share Registrar Gangjees Registrar Services (Pvt.) Limited, 516, Clifton Centre, Khayaban-e-Roomi, Kehkashan, Block-5, Clifton, Karachi at the close of the business day on September 13, 2011 will be treated in time for the entitlement to dividend and attend the Annual General Meeting,
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting shall be entitled to appoint another member of the Company as his / her proxy to attend, speak and vote instead of him / her, and a proxy so appointed shall have such rights, as respects attending, speaking and voting at the meeting as are available to a member. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be duly completed and signed and received at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
3. The Shareholders are requested to notify any change in their address immediately to the Share Registrar, Gangjees Registrar Services (Pvt.) Limited.
CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down In Circular No 1 of 2000 dated 26 January 2000 Issued by Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For attending the meeting:
1. In case of individuals, the account holders or sub account holders whose registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his / her identity by showing his / her Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
2. In case of corporate entity the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
B. For appointing of proxies:
1. In case of individuals, the account holders or sub account holders whose registration details are uploaded as per the regulations shall submit the proxy form as per requirement.
2. The proxy form will be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the forms.
3. Attested copies of CNIC or passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
4. The proxy shall produce his / her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
5. In ease of corporate entity, the board of directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form of the Company.
For more information, contact:
Golden Arrow Selected Stock Fund Limited
216- 217, Continental Trade Centre,
Block-8, Clifton, Karachi-74000.
PABX: 92 21 35371305-7,
Fax: 92 21 35372217,
UAN: 111 253 465