HONG KONG, July 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ –
Celebrates ISLA fifth anniversary with honorees at Gala Dinner on July 26 in Jakarta, Indonesia
(ISC)2(R) (“ISC-squared”), the world’s largest not-for-profit information security professional body and administrators of the CISSP(R), today announced the honorees for its fifth annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Program. (ISC)2 will announce four distinguished workforce initiatives led by the most outstanding honorees and a Community Service Star recipient at the Gala Dinner on July 26 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Guest of Honor, Dr. Ir. Ashwin Sasongko, M.Sc., director general for Informatics Applications, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Republic of Indonesia, together with (ISC)2 executives, will celebrate with the accomplishments of the talented information security leaders in Asia-Pacific.
Through ISLA, (ISC)2 publicly recognizes the ongoing commitment by information security leaders throughout Asia-Pacific to build a highly qualified and ethical workforce. Part of (ISC)2′s Global Awards Program, ISLA aims to recognize the achievements of outstanding information security professionals who have significantly contributed to the enhancement of the workforce by demonstrating a leadership role in an information security workforce improvement initiative, program or project. Professionals were nominated in three distinct categories: Managerial Professional for Information Security Project(s), Senior Information Security Professional, and Information Security Practitioner. Professional certification was not a requirement for nomination. The 2011 ISLA Honorees are as follows:
In the category of Information Security Practitioner:
1. Mr. Ameen Sharif, CEH, CISA, CISSP, head of information security, Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited, PAKISTAN
2. Mr. Kin Chong Chan, CISSP, CISA, vice president, Information Risk Management, Asia, JPMorgan Chase Bank, NA., SINGAPORE
3. Mr. Surachai Chatchalermpun, CSSLP, SSCP, IRCA ISMS:ISO 27001, compliance, process & risk management officer, PTT ICT Solutions, THAILAND
4. Mr. Man Keung, Roland Cheung, CISSP, MCSE, consultant, Hong Kong Productivity Council, HONG KONG
5. Mr. Jong-Oh Hur, CISSP, CISA, APEC Engineer/EMF-IRPE, project manager for IT security systems, AhnLab Inc., SOUTH KOREA
6. Ms. Noor Aida Idris, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, senior analyst, Security Management Best Practices Dept., CyberSecurity Malaysia, MALAYSIA
7. Prof. Richardus Eko Indrajit, Ph.D, chair, ID-SIRTII (Indonesia Security Incident Response Team On Internet Infrastructure), INDONESIA
8. Mr. Kitisak Jirawannakool, Security+, senior engineer, National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC), THAILAND
9. Mr. Mohamad Nizam Kassim, GAWN, GPEN, GWAPT, senior analyst cyber safety, Outreach Dept., CyberSecurity Malaysia, MALAYSIA
10. Mr. Muhammad Zubair Khan, CISA, CISM, chief executive officer,Tranchulas Ltd., PAKISTAN
11. Ms. Ming-Hui Liu, section manager, Institute for Information Industry (III), TAIWAN 12. Ms. or’Azuwa Muhamad Pahri, head, Security Assurance Dept,CyberSecurity Malaysia, MALAYSIA 13. Mr. Ashvin Parankusha, M.B.A., CEH, ISO 27001 LA, senior security consultant, Genapt Technology Labs Private Limited, INDIA
14. Mr. Philip Ki Lun Sy, M.Sc., CISA, BCMP, principal consultant,Professo Consulting Pte Ltd, SINGAPORE
15. Prof. Tzong-Chen Wu, Ph.D, professor, Department of Information Management, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST), TAIWAN
In the category of Managerial Professional for Information Security Project(s):
1. Mr. Mahmud Ab Rahman, CCNA,CCNP,GPEN(Gold), Manager(specialist),Malware Research Center, MyCERT Dept., CyberSecurity Malaysia, MALAYSIA
2. Mr. Cahyana Ahmadjayadi, senior expert to The Minister for Politics and Security, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology,INDONESIA
3. Ms. Soyoung Choi, vice president, Media Group Infothe, SOUTH KOREA
4. Mr. Aizirman Djusan, M.Sc., head of ICT research and human resources development, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology,INDONESIA
5. Lt. Cdr. Chia Won Chee (Retired), M.Sc., CBCP, CEH, head, InfoSecurity Professsional Development Dept., CyberSecurity Malaysia, MALAYSIA
6. Mr. Raj Kumar Kunhiraman, ISO/IEC27001 Lead Auditor, ABCP, Manager,Training and Skills Development, International Multilateral Partnership Against Cyber Threats (IMPACT), MALAYSIA
7. Mr. Mohd Zabri Adil Talib, EnCE, GCFA, head, Digital Forensics Dept., CyberSecurity Malaysia, MALAYSIA
8. Mr. Henry Ping-Shuo Ting, CIO, Eastern Home Shopping & Leisure Co., Ltd., TAIWAN
9. Mr. Chii-Wen Wu, director, Government Information and Communication Security Working Group, National Information and Communication Security Taskforce (NICST), Executive Yuan, TAIWAN
In the category of Senior Information Security Professional:
1. Mr. Thomas Kurian Ambattu, CRISC, information security officer,Docustream India Technologies Pvt. Ltd., INDIA
2. Prof. Koichiro Hayashi, Ph.D., president & professor, Institute of Information Security, JAPAN
3. Mr. Chi Keung (Alan) Ho, CISSP, CISA, MCSE, program committee member, Professional Information Security Association, HONG KONG
4. Mr. Chiung-ying (CY) Huang, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, senior technical manager of Acer e-Enabling Data Center, Acer Inc., TAIWAN
5. Mr. Aseem Jakhar, founder, Null Open Security Community, INDIA
6. Mr. Anish Kumar Srivastava, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, service area leader, Information Security & Privacy Services (GBS Global Delivery), IBM India Pvt. Ltd., INDIA
7. Mr. Hogan Kusnadi Lim, CISSP-ISSAP, SSCP, director, PT. UniPro Nuansa Indonesia, INDONESIA
8. Mr. Kyong-Soo Oh, CEO, Lotte Data Communication Company, SOUTH KOREA 9. 9. Mr. Leonard Ong, CISSP, CISM, CPP, Manager, Security Services, Nokia Siemens Networks, SINGAPORE
10. Mr. Toshiyuki Rakuman, CISSP, manager, NEC Learning, Ltd., JAPAN
11. Mr. Pravin Sharma, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, CISO, Union Bank of India, INDIA
12. Prof. Muhammad Sher, Ph.D, chair for the Department of Computer Science, International Islamic University, PAKISTAN
13. Mr. Anuj Singh, director, Global Response Centre, International Multilateral Partnership Against Cyber Threats (IMPACT), MALAYSIA
14. Mr. Cecil Su Chee Meng, CISSP, CISA, CISM, director, Technology Advisory, Grant Thornton Technology Advisory Pte. Ltd., SINGAPORE
15. Dr. Eng. Sarwono Sutikno, CISSP, CISA, CISM, associate professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), INDONESIA
16. Ms. Ying Yin, CISSP, CISA, assistant professor, vice director of LISS (Lab of Information Security Service), Shanghai JiaoTong University,CHINA
For details about the ISLA 2011 Nomination Review Committee, please visit https://www.isc2.org/InnerPage.aspx?id=6120.
“ISLA has come a long way to gain such prestigious recognition from the regional industry since its inception five years ago. We are determined to continue to honor professionals who dedicate their time to protecting the vital components of information security infrastructure, and who strive for improvement and innovation every day. The growth of this program is evident in the continuously increasing number of nominations each year, and the caliber of the professionals nominated. (ISC)2 is grateful for the support from the Indonesian government as well as our Guest of Honor, Dr. Ir. Ashwin Sasongko. We look forward to celebrating with honorees and other distinguished guests in Jakarta,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director of (ISC)2.
(ISC)2 officials will recognize the ISLA honorees, showcased honorees, and Community Service Star at the ISLA Gala Dinner on July 26, 2011 at the Shangri-la Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia. Concurrently, the (ISC)2 Security Leadership Event – SecureAsia@Jakarta Exhibition and Conference – will be held July 26-27 at the Shangri-la Hotel in Jakarta.
For more information and to register for SecureAsia@Jakarta, please visit www.informationsecurityasia.com. For further inquiries, please contact Charmaine Lam, asst. market development manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 2850 6957. Members of the press wishing to attend should contact Kitty Chung, PR representative for (ISC)2 Asia-Pacific at email@example.com.
(ISC)2 is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information security professionals worldwide, with nearly 80,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)2 issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP(R)) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP(R)), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP(R)), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP(R)) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)2′s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ANSI/ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)2 also offers education programs and services based on its CBK(R), a compendium of information security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
(C) 2011, (ISC)2 Inc. (ISC)2, CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, and CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)2, Inc.
Follow (ISC)2 on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/isc2 ) and YouTube(http://www.youtube.com/isc2tv).