Karachi: We are enclosing herewith the copy of Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on 28-03-2012 for your record and necessary action.
Please acknowledge the same.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given to the members that an Extraordinary General Meeting of J.K. spinning Mills Limited will be held on Wednesday, 28th march, 2012 at 11:00am at registered office of the company, 3-1/a, peoples colony, Jaranwala Road, Faisalabad, To transact the following business:
1. To confirm minutes of the 25th Annual General Meeting held on 30th November, 2012.
2. To elect directors in accordance with provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
The Board of Directors has fixed the number of elected directors at seven for the purpose of elections at this meeting. The tenure of the elected directors will be three years w.e.f. 28th March, 2012.
The names of the retiring directors are:
Mr. Jawed Anwar, Mr. Faiq Jawed, Mr. Shaiq Jawed, Syed Hussain Shahid Mansoor Naqvi, Mrs. Farhat Jehan, Mrs. Samina Abid, Mrs. Nageen Faiq
Under Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, any person who seeks to contest this election shall file with the Company at the Registered Office, not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting, a notice of his/ her intention to offer himself/ herself for election as a director.
3. To transact any other business as may be placed before the meeting with the Permission of the Chairman.
Special business: placement of quarterly accounts on website
To pass the following resolution as ordinary resolution with or without modification, addition or deletion;
“RESOLVED that the Company is authorized to place its quarterly accounts on its website instead of sending the same to the members by post as allowed by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan vide Circular No.19 of 2004.”
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed form 24th March, 2012 to 3rd March, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint proxy. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the company not less than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting. A proxy must be a member of the company. A proxy form is enclosed herewith.
3. Members whose shares are deposited with Central Depository System are requested to bring their original NICs or original Passports with their Account Numbers for attending the meeting.
4. Shareholders are requested to promptly notify the company of any change in their address(s) if any.
Statement Under Section 160(i)(b) of The Companies Ordinance, 1984
Placement of Quarterly Accounts on Website
i. The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) vide Circular No.19 of 2004 has allowed the listed companies to place the accounts on their website instead of sending the same to each shareholder by post.
ii. The Company however will supply the copies of the accounts to the shareholders on demand at their registered addresses free of cost within one week of such demand.
iii. The address of the Company’s website is http://www.jkgroup.net and all quarterly accounts will be available there. (The members are welcome to make suggestions for improvement of the website.)
iv. The Company will apply to SECP for permission after this resolution has been passed and the necessary clearance obtained from the stock exchanges.
v. The directors of the Company do not have any interest in this resolution that would need a disclosure.
For more information, Contact:
J.K. Spinning mills Limited
3-1/A, Peoples Colony,
Jaranwala Road. Faisalabad Pakistan
Ph: 041-8713916, 8714437-8
Fax: 041-8711899, 8714438
Telex: 43450 ZTM PK