Karachi, November 08, 2012 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find herewith a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on Friday, November 30, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
All Directors of the Company, namely,
01. Mr. Jehangir Shah
02. Mr. Parvez Usman
03. Brig (R) Muhammad Mansoor Aslam
04. Brig. Naveed Ahsan
05. Mr. Kashif Muhammad Khan
06. Mr. Khurram Faizyab
07. Mr. Nafees Ahmed
08. Mr. Zafar Iqbal
09. Ms. Parveen A Malik
10. Mr. Ayaz Dawood
11. Mr. Yousaf Hussain-Nominee, Faysal Bank Limited
12. Mr. Muhammad Hanif Abbasi-Nominee, National Bank of Pakistan
Notice of 18th Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 18th Annual General Meeting of Japan Power Generation Limited will be held on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM at registered office/plant located at Jia Bagga, off Raiwind Road, Lahore to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 17th Annual General Meeting of the Company held on Thursday, November 24, 2011.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the audited financial statements of the company for the financial year ended June 30, 2012, together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
3. To appoint auditors, M/s Hyder Bhimji and Co, Chartered Accountants, for the Company for the financial year ending June 30, 2013 and fix their remuneration.
4. To transact any other business that may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Book of the Company will remain closed from November 21, 2012 to November 30, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote in his/her place. Proxies, complete in every respect, in order to be effective, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company located at Jia Bagga, off Raiwind Road, Lahore, not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
3. Members are requested to promptly notify Company any change in their addresses.
4. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in circular-1 dated January 20, 2000 issued by the SECP:
A. For Attending the Meeting
1. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded, as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original Passport, Account and Participant’s ID number at the time of attending the Meeting.
2. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies
1. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirements.
2. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
3. Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished, with the proxy form.
4. The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
5. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Zain ul Abidin
Japan Power Generation Limited
Jia Bagga, Raiwind Road, Lahore,