Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Lotte Pakistan PTA Limited will be held on Thursday, 16 June 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) auditorium, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi to transact the following business:
1. To elect eight Directors as fixed by the Board under Section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 in accordance with the provisions of the said Ordinance for a period of three years to commence from 23 June 2011.
The retiring Directors are Messrs Soon Hyo Chung, M Asif Saad, Soo Young Huh, Neon Jung Kim, Oh Hun Im, Mohammad Qasim Khan, Istaqbal Mehdi and Atiya Yusuf.
1. Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from 10 June 2011 to 16 June 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. All Members are entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting.
3. A Members entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint a Proxy to attend, speak and vote for him/her. A Proxy must be Member of the Company.
4. An instrument of proxy applicable for the Meeting is being provided with the notice sent to Members. Further copies of the instrument of proxy may be obtained from the Registered Office of the Company during normal office hours.
5. An instrument of proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or a naturally certified copy of such power or authority, must, to be valid, be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
6. Members are requested to notify immediately changes, if any, in their registered address.
7. CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the Meeting:
i) In case of individual, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
B. For Appointing Proxies:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and / or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii) The Proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and of the Proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iv) The Proxy shall produce his/her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
v) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unloss it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
Ali Aamir, FCA
Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary
Lotte Pakistan PTA Limited
EZ/1-P-4, Eastern Industrial Zone,
P.O. Box 723,
Karachi – 74200,
UAN: +9221 111 782 111
Fax: +9221 3472 6043