Karachi: Reference to our earlier letter No. MTL/C and T/04/2011/dated 30 April 2011, enclosed please find a copy of Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on 28 June 2011 at 11:30 am, for your information and record.
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of Media Times Limited (“MTL or the “Company”) will be held on ,Tuesday, 28 June 2011 at 11:30 a.m. at the Head Office of the Company, 103-C/II, Gulberg-III, Lahore, to transact the following business:-
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on 30 October 2010;
2. To elect 07 (seven) Directors as fixed by the Board of Directors in accordance with the provisions of section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for the term of next three commencing from 29 June 2011. Following are the retiring Directors:
1. Mrs. Amna Taseer
2. Mr. Shehryar Ali Taseer
3. Mr. Shahbaz Ali Taseer
4. Miss. Shehrbano Taseer
5. Mr. Omer Subhan Salamat
6. Syed Kashan Hussain Kazmi
7. Mrs. Maimanat Mohsin
1) The Register of members will remain c1osed from 21 June 2011 to 28 June 2011 (both days inclusive). Transfer received at THK Associates (Pvt.) Limited, Ground Floor, State Life Building no. 3 Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi, the Registrar and Shares transfer Office of the Company, by the close of business on 20 June 2011 will be treated in time for the purpose of this Meeting;
2) Any member who seeks to contest the election to the office of Directors shall, whether he/she is retiring Director or otherwise, file with the Company, not later than 14 days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held, a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election as a Director. Relevant declaration (s) in accordance with the listing Regulations along with consent to act as Director under section 184 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 are also to be filed;
3) Copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company, Listing Regulations of the Stock Exchanges, Companies Ordinance, 1984 and other relevant laws may be inspected during the business hours on any working day at 41-N, Industrial Area, Gulberg II, Lahore the Registered Office of the Company from the date of the publication of this notice till the conclusion of the General Meeting;
4) A member eligible to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as proxy to attend and vote in the meeting. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company at 41-N, Industrial Area, Gullberg-II Lahore the Registered Office of the Company not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting and must be duly stamped signed and witnessed.
5) In order to be valid, an instrument of proxy and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or a notarized / certified copy of such power of attorney, must be deposited at 41-N, Industrial Area, Gullberg-II, Lahore the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting;
6) a) Individual beneficial owners of CDC entitled to attend and vote at the meeting must bring his/her participant ID and account/sub-account number along with original NIC or passport to authenticate his/her identity. In case of corporate entity, resolution of the Board of Directors/Power of attorney with specimen signature of nominees shall be produced (unless provided earlier) at the time of meeting. CDC Account holders may also refer to Circular 01 dated 26 January 2000 issued by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan;
b) For appointing of proxies, the individual beneficial owners of CDC shall submit the proxy form as per above requirement along with participant ID and account/sub-account number together with attested copy of their NIC or Passport. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two witnesses with their names, addresses and NIC numbers. The proxy shall produce his/her original NIC or Passport at the time of meeting. In case of Corporate entity, resolution of the Board of Directors/Powers of attorney along with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless submitted earlier) along with the proxy form;
7. Members are requested to notify any change in their registered address immediately.
For more information, contact:
Media Times Limited
UAN: +9242 111-947-947
PABX: +9242 35757591-94
Fax: +9242 35757590, 35877920