Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice for the Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on Friday, 15th July 2011 at 1000 hours at Registered Office, National Park Road, Rawalpindi for circulating amongst your members.
The Share Transfer Book of the Company will remain closed from 9th July, 2011 to 15th July, 2011 (both days inclusive).
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Members of the Murree Brewery Company Limited, will be held on Friday, 15th July, 2011 at 1000 hours at the Registered Office National Park Road, Rawalpindi to transact the following business;
1. To confirm the minutes of the 143rd Annual General Meeting held on 28th October, 2010.
2. To elect seven Directors as fixed by the Board pursuant to the provisions of Section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years commencing 27th July, 2011.
Following are the names of the retiring directors who are eligible for re-election.
i. Mr. Isphanyar M. Bhandara
ii. Mr. Khurram Muzaffar
iii. Choudhri Mueen Afzal
iv. Mr. Aamir H. Shirazi
v. Lt. Gen (R) Zarrar Azim
vi. Mrs. Goshi M. Bhariclara
vii. Mr. Osman Khalid Waheed
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the chair.
Any person who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the Company at its office not later than fourteen days before the day of the above said meeting his / her intention to offer himself / herself for the election of directors in terms of Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with
a) Consent in Form 28.
b) A declaration with consent to act as Director in the prescribed form under clause (ii) of the Code of Corporate Governance to the effect that he / she is aware of duties and powers of directors under the Companies Ordinance, 1984, the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company, the listing regulations of the Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad Stock Exchanges and has read the provisions contained therein.
c) A declaration in terms of clause (iii) and (iv) of the Code of Corporate Governance to the effect that he / she is not serving as a directors of more than ten other listed companies, that his / her name is borne in the register of national tax payers (except where he / she is a non- resident) that he I she has not been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction as defaulter in payment of any loan to a banking company, development financial institution or a non-banking financial institution.
2. The Share Transfer book of the Company will remain closed and no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration from 9th July 2011 to 15th July, 2011 (both days inclusive).
3. A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his / her proxy to attend and vote instead of him / her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the Registered Office of the Company duly stamped and signed not less than 48 hours before the meetings.
4. The beneficial owner of the shares of the Company in the Central Depository System of the CDC or his / her proxy entitled to attend and vote at this meeting shall produce his / her original NIC or passport to prove his / her identity.
5. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors Resolution / Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be submitted with the proxy form to the Company, and the same shall be produced in original at the time of the meeting to authenticate the identity.
6. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their computerized NIC to the Company are requested to send the same at the earliest.
For more information, contact:
M. Zaffar Iqbal
Murree Brewery Company Limited
National Park Road,
Fax: +9251 5584420
Tel: +9251 5567041