Karachi, November 30, 2012 (PPI-OT): We enclosed herewith the notice of Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (EOGM) of the Nimir Industrial Chemicals Limited (NICL), to be published in the following newspapers in Karachi and Lahore on 8th December, 2012 as required under listing regulation:
1. Daily The Nation
2. Daily Nawa-e-Waqat
Notice is hereby given that Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of Nimir Industrial Chemicals Limited (the “Company”) will be held on Saturday, 28th December, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. at City Hotel and Restaurant, Sharif Plaza, Sargodha Road, Sheikhupura, to transact the following business:
To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting of the Company held on Friday, 19th October, 2012.
2. To elect eight (08) Directors of the Company as fixed by the Board of Directors of the Company under section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for the term of three years commencing from 30th December, 2012. The following Directors shall retire on 30th December, 2012 and shall be eligible for the re-election, if offer themselves as Directors:
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company shall remain closed from 22nd December, 2012 to 29th December, 2012 (both days Inclusive).
2. Every candidate for the election as Director, whether he/she is retiring Director or otherwise, shall file with the Company not later than fourteen (14) clear days before the date of Extra Ordinary General Meeting a notice of his/her intension to offer himself/ herself for election as a Director along with the consent to serve as a Director in the prescribed Form 28 under section 184 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, a detailed profile along with his/her relevant declarations as required under the Code of Corporate Governance, 2012 to his/her appointment as Director of the Company. Such notice must reach to the registered office of the Company, at 14.8 K.M. Sheikhupura-Faisalabad Road, Bhikhi, District Sheikhupura, on or before 15th December 2012. He / She should also confirm that:
a. He/she is not ineligible to become Director of the Company under any applicable laws and regulations (including listing regulation of the Stock Exchange).
b. He/She is not serving as Director in more than seven listed Companies, Neither he/ she nor his/her spouse engaged in the business of brokerage or is a sponsor directors or officer of the corporate brokerage house.
3. A member eligible to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote Instead of him/her:
a. A proxy must be a member of the Company. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the Company not later than forty eight (48) hours before the time fixed for the meeting.
b. The proxy shall produce his/ her original CNIC or Passport at the time of meeting.
c. Proxy form shall be witnessed by the two persons whose name, CNIC No. and address shall be mention on the proxy form.
4. CDC account holders are required to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
a. In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/ her original CNIC card or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
b. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
5. Shareholders are requested to Immediately notify change in address, if any, to the Company’s share registrar, M/S Corplink (Pvt.) Limited, Wings Arcade, 1-K (Commercial), Model Town, Lahore.
For more information, contact:
Nimir Industrial Chemicals Limited
12-B, New Muslim Town, Lahore, Pakistan