Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on August 22, 2011 (Monday) at 10:30 a.m. for circulation amongst your members.
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of Nishat Chunian Power Limited (“the Company”) will be held at the
Registered Office of the Company, 31-Q, Gulberg-II, Lahore on August 22, 2011 at 10:30 a.m. to transact the following business:-
1. To confirm the minutes of the last General Meeting.
2. To elect eight Directors of the Company for a period of three years in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The names of the retiring Directors are as under:
1. Mr. Muhammad Saleem
2. Mr. Shahzad Saleem
3. Mr. Yahya Saleem
4. Mr. Badar ul Hasan
5. Mr. Wasif M. Khan
6. Mr. Manzar Mushtaq
7. Mr. Mushtaq Ahmed
8. Syed Iqbal Ashraf
The Board of Directors has fixed the number of elected Directors as eight (8). All retiring Directors are eligible to offer themselves for re-election.
1. The Members Register will remain closed from 16-08-2011 to 22-08-2011 (both days inclusive) Transfers received at Hameed Majeed Associate (Pvt.)
Limited, H.M. House, 7-Bank Square, Lahore, (the Registrar and share transfer office of the Company) by the close of business on 15-08-2011 will be considered in time for attending the EOGM.
2. Nominations from the members for the Office of Directors must be received at least 14 clear days before the tine of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting at the registered office of the Company during working hours.
3. A member eligible to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as proxy to attend and vote in the meeting. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the company at the Registered Office of the Company not later than 48 hours before the time for holding the meeting.
4. Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the change in address, if any.
5. CDC amount holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
a. For attending the meeting
i) In case or individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration detail are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii). In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signatures of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
b. For Appointing Proxies
i). In case of individuals, the account balder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulation, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
ii). The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
iii). Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with be proxy form.
iv). The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the Meeting.
v). In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signatures shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the company.
For more information, contact:
Nishat Chunian Power Limited
31-Q, Gulberg II,
Lahore -54660, Pakistan
Tel: 92-42-3576 1730