Karachi: We enclose herewith copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be published in newspapers on March 10, 2012.
The above is submitted for information of the Exchange.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Shareholders of ORIX Leasing Pakistan Limited (the Company) will be held at Regent Plaza Hotel and Convention Centre Main, Sharah-e-Faisal, Karachi, on Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. it transact the following business.
1. To consider and if approved, to see pass the following special resolution with or without modification, in respect of investment in Right Shares offered by its associated company, Oman ORIX Leasing Company SAOG (OOL), a Company listed on the Muscat Securities Market.
The Company be and is hereby authorized to invest in Right Shares offered by its associated company Oman ORIX Leasing Company SAOG entitling the Company to purchase 5,820,589 shares at Riyal Oman (RO.) 0.102 per share, equivalent to a total investment of RO. 593,700 (approximately Rs. 140 million at current exchange rate) subject to such permission as may be required in this regard from the Regulatory Authorities.
Further resolved that:
The Chief Executive of the Company be and is hereby authorized to do all acts, deeds, sign and executive all determined required in this respect from time to time.
2. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. Statement under Section 160 (1)(b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 setting forth material facts concerning the special business to be transacted at the meeting is annexed to the copy of the Notice being sent to all members.
2. The Register of members of the Company will be closed from March 23, 2012 to March 31, 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order at our registrar, Messrs, Nobel Computer Services (Pvt) Limited. First Floor, House of Habib Building (Siddiqsons Tower) 3- Jinnah Co-operative Housing Society, Main Sharah-e-Faisal, Karachi by the close of Business on March 22, 2012 will be treated is being in time for the purpose of attending meeting.
3. A member earlier to attend and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/ her behalf. A proxy need not a member of the Company.
4. The instrument appointing a proxy and the Power of Attorney or other authority under which it is signed or a netarially certified copy of the power of attorney must be deposited at the registered must be deposited at the registered office of the Company at least 48 hours before time of the meeting. A form of proxy is enclosed, shareholders me requested to notify any change of address immediately.
5. CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For Attending the meeting.
1. In case of individuals the account holder as sub-account holder and / or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations shall authenticate his / her identity by showing his/ her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
2. In case of Co-operative entity, the Board of Directors resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
B. For appointing proxies:
1. In case of individuals the account holder as sub-account holder and / or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations shall submit the proxy form accordingly.
2. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
3. Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished who the proxy form.
4. The proxy shall produce his/ her original CNIC or Original Passport at the time of the meeting.
5. In case corporate entity the Board of Directors resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
For more information, contact:
ORIX Leasing Pakistan Limited
ORIX Building, Plot No. 16, Sector No. 24,
Korangi Industrial Area, Karachi- 74900
Tel: (021) 3514 4028-40
UAN: 111 24 24 24
Fax: (021) 3514 4002