Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting scheduled to be held on March 31, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 26th Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Pakistan Engineering Company Limited will be held at Hotel Ambassador, Davis Road, Lahore, on Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 11.00 A.M. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm of 62nd Annual General Meeting held on October 31, 2011.
2. To elect six (6) Directors as fixed by the Board of Directors of the Company representing Share-holders in accordance with Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, for a period of three years in place of the following retiring Directors:-
-Mr. Muhammad Arif Habib
-Mr. Liaqat Mohammad
-Mr. Rashid Ali Khan
-Mr. Mohammad Shabir Malik
-Mr. Muhammad Iqbal
-Mirza Mahmood Ahmad
3. To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the company shall remain closed from March 22, 2012 to March 31, 2012 (Both days inclusive).
2. Any person who seeks to contest the election to the office of director shall file at the registered office of the company not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held, a notice of his intention to offer himself for elections as director in terms of section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint any person as a proxy and vote on his / her behalf, Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
4. CDC Account Holders:
a) For Attending the Meeting;
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and /or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his identity by showing his original CNIC, or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. CDC Account Holders are also request to bring their CDC Participants ID numbers and account numbers.
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
b) For appointing Proxies:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the Proxy Form as per the above requirement (Note 3 above).
ii) Attested copies of the CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
iii) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
iv) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the proxy holder shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) alongwith proxy form to the Company.
5. Members are requested to notify us immediately of any change in their Registered address currently available with us.
6. The Registrar of the company is, M/s Scarlet IT Systems Ltd. 24- Ferozpur Road, Near
7. Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) to the Company arc requested to send the same at the earliest.
For more information, Contact:
Pakistan Engineering Company Limited
6/7, Sir Ganga Ram Trust Building,
Phones: (+92-42) 7320225 (3lines)
Fax: (+92-42) 7323108