Karachi: Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of the Annual General Meeting to be held on 30th March 2012 for circulation amongst the members.
Notice of Meeting
Notice Is Hereby given that the 49th Annual General Meeting of Pakistan Gum and Chemicals Limited, will be held on Friday, March 30, 2012 at the Council Hall of the Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Talpur Road, Karachi at 11:00 A.M. at the following:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the Annual Audited Accounts for the year ended December 31, 2011 together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ reports thereon.
2. To consider and approve payment of dividend at Rs. 8.00 per share (80%) to the shareholders for the year ended December 31, 2011 as recommended by the Board of Directors.
3. To appoint auditors and to fix their remuneration.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from March 23, 2012 to March 30, 2012 (both days inclusive), Transfers received in order at the office of the Registrar of the Company M/s. Corporate Support Services (Private) Ltd., 407-408, A1-Ameera Centre, Shahrah-e-Iraq, Saddar, Karachi by the close of business on March 22, 2012 will be treated in time for the purpose of payment of dividend to the transferees, and to attend the meeting.
2. CDC shareholders are requested to bring their original CNIC, Account, Sub-Account number and participant’s number in Central Depository System for identification purpose for attending the meeting. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another person on his/her behalf as his/her proxy to attend, speak and vote and a proxy so appointed shall have such right with respect to attending, speaking and voting at the meeting as are available to a Member. Proxies in order to be effective must be received by the Company not less than 48 hours before the meeting. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
4. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in their addresses immediately. Moreover, the shareholders claiming exemption from Zakat are required to file their Declaration with our Share Registrar.
For more information, Contact:
Pakistan Gum and Chemicals Limited
Tel: +92-21 3256 1124-26
Fax: +92-21 3256 1320