Karachi, November 30, 2012 (PPI-OT): Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of Extra-ordinary General Meeting to be held on 21st December, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of the Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given, to all the members of Pakistan Hotels Developers Ltd. that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held on Friday, 21st December, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at the Registered Office of the Company 195/2, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of 33rd Annual General Meeting of the Company held on 18th October, 2012.
2. To elect 7 (Seven) Directors as fixed by the Board of Directors in accordance with the requirement of section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of 3 years commencing from 21st December, 2012.
The present Directors who are retiring are as follows:
– Mr. S. Ferozuddin Baweja
– Mrs. Lubna Muzaffar
– Mr. Muzaffar F. Baweja
– Mrs .Muniza Zubair
– Mr. Zubair Baweja
– Mr. Mudabbir Muzafar Baweja
– Mst. Shahida Begum
All the above retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
3. To transact any other ordinary business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the company shall remain closed from 14th December, 2012 to 21st December, 2012 (Both days inclusive). Transfers, complete in all respects, received at our independent Share Registrar Office M/s. Technology Trade (Pvt) Ltd., Dagia House, 241-C., Block 2, P.E.C.H.S., Off: Shahrah-e-Quaideen, Karachi by 13th December, 2012 will be entitled to attend the meeting.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Extra Ordinary General Meeting is entitled, to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote on the member’s behalf. Proxies must be deposited at our Independent Share Registrar Office not less than 48 hours before the meeting.
The proxy form Shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and of the proxy shall be furnished with proxy form.
The Proxy shall produce his/ her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
In case of a corporate entity, the Board of Directors resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signatures shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with form to the company.
3. Any member who seeks to contest election to the office of Directors of the company should file with the Company at its Registered Office, a notice of his intention to offer himself for election not later than 14 days before the date of Extra Ordinary General Meeting.
4. Members, whose shares are deposited with Central Depository System, are requested to bring their Original National Identity Cards or Original Passports along with their Account Numbers in Central Depository System for attending the meeting.
5. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in their address.
For more information, contact:
Abdul Hafiz Khan (FCMA)
Pakistan Hotels Developers Limited
Regent Plaza Hotel,
Shahrah-e-Faisal Karachi – Pakistan