Karachi, November 08, 2012 (PPI-OT): We are enclosing herewith photocopies of newspapers clippings in respect of notices published in Daily Jang and Daily Dawn regarding Financial Statements of the Corporation for the aforesaid period having placed them on the PNSC website.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 34th Annual General Meeting of the shareholders of Pakistan National Shipping Corporation will be held at the Navy Welfare Centre (Pakistan Navy Fleet Club), near Lucky Star Hotel. Saddar, Karachi on Thursday, the 29th November, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the Minutes of 33rd Annual General Meeting of the shareholders held on 29th October 2011.
2. To consider and adopt the Audited Accounts of the Corporation and the Consolidated Accounts of the PNSC Group together with the Reports of Auditors and Directors for the year ended 30th June 2012.
3. To consider and approve Boards recommendation to pay 5% Cash Dividend (i.e. Re. 0.50 per share of Rs. 10/- each) to the shareholders.
4. To consider and approve Boards recommendation to re-appoint the retiring auditors A. F. Ferguson Co. Chartered Accountants, and Ernst Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder, Chartered Accountants, as joint auditors of the Corporation for the year 2012-2013 and to fix their remuneration.
5. To transact any other business that may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Corporation will remain closed from 22nd November, 2012 to 29th November, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A shareholder entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is also entitled to appoint his/her proxy to attend the meeting. Proxies must be received at the Head Office of the Corporation not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
3. CDC Accounts Holders are advised to bring their original Identity cards to authenticate their identity along with CDC account numbers at the meeting. However, proxies if any, are granted by such shareholders, the same shall also have to be accompanied with attested copies of the Computerized National Identity Cards of the grantors, and the signature on the proxy form has to be the same as appearing on the Computerized National Identity Card.
4. The shareholders are requested to immediately notify change, if any, in their mailing addresses.
5. The shareholders who have not yet submitted photocopies of their valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) to the corporation are requested to send the same at the earliest to the Corporation’s Share Registrar, Technology Trade (Pvt.) Ltd., Dagia House 241-C, Block-2, P.E.C.H.S Off Shahrah-e- Quaideen, Karachi.
For more information, contact:
Pakistan National Shipping Corporation
Moulvi Tamizuddin Khan Road,
P.O. Box No: 5350, Karachi-74000, Pakistan,
Phone: 99203980-99 (20 Lines) Cell # 0308-2222502-3
Fax: 99203974 – 35636658