Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan has reminded the Political Parties that in terms of Article 13 of the Political Parties Order, 2002, they have to file with Election Commission their statement of accounts for financial year, 2010-2011 on or before 29th August, 2011.
2. It may be recalled that Article 13 of the Political Parties Order, 2002 provides that every Political Party shall submit to the Election Commission within sixty days from the close of each financial year, a consolidated statement of accounts of the party, duly audited by a Chartered Accountant, containing-
(a) annual income and expenses;
(b) sources of its funds; and
(c) assets and liabilities.
3. The statement of accounts of the party is required to be accompanied by a certificate signed by the party leader stating that –
(a) no funds from any source prohibited under Political Parties Order, 2002, were received by the party; and
(b) the statement contains an accurate financial position of the party.
4. The statement of accounts is to be submitted in Form-I as prescribed under the Political Parties Rules, 2002. Printed Forms are available, free of cost, in the Election Commission Secretariat, Islamabad and in the offices of the Provincial Election Commissioners, Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
5. The last date for submission of statement of accounts by the political parties, whose documents were found in order by the Election Commission, is 29th August, 2011
6. The party leaders of the concerned political parties are advised to submit the statement of accounts of their parties, duly audited by a Chartered Accountant, by the 29th August, 2011 positively. The statement shall be delivered to the Secretary, Election Commission of Pakistan in the Election Commission Secretariat, Constitution Avenue, G-5/2, Islamabad through an office bearer of the party, duly authorized by the party leader. As per provisions of rule 11 of the Political Parties Rules, 2002, statement received through post, fax, courier service or any other mode is not entertainable.
For more information, contact:
Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP)
Election Commission of Pakistan Secretariat
Election House, Constitution Avenue G-5/2, Islamabad
Tel: +9251 920 1975, +9251 920 6062
Fax: +9251 920 5402, +9251 920 5300