Karachi, May 11, 2012 (PPI-OT): Advertisement of Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting released to press for publication on May 10, 2012 attached for favour of your perusal and informing to the Members of the Exchange.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given to all the shareholders of Ali Asghar Textile Mills Ltd that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held on 31st May, 2012 at 3:00 p.m. at plot No. 6, Sector 25, Korangi Industrial Area, Karachi to transact the following business:
To confirm the minutes of the AGM held on 29th October, 2011.
1. To consider and approve the sale of a sizeable part (pant and machinery) of undertaking of the company located at plot No-6, Sector 26, Korangi Industrial Area, Karachi and if deemed fit to pass with or without modification the following resolution as a Special Resolution:
a) Resolved that pursuant to section 196 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 the Directors of the Company (AATML) be and hereby authorized to sell sizeable part except Leased assets (Plant and machinery) of undertaking of the company located at Plot No. 6, Sector 25, Korangi Industrial Area, Karachi for the purpose of paying off liabilities of the creditors in an orderly manner and generate funds for new business plan.
b) Resolved that the Chief Executive and Mr. Suleman Ali director of the company jointly be and are hereby authorized and empowered to negotiate/sell the Plant and Machinery except leased assets on behalf of the company and complete all such legal formalities to give effect to the aforesaid Resolution.
c) Resolved that acts, deeds and things done by the above authorized persons for and on behalf of the company shall be binding acts and deeds upon the company.
d) Resolved that the above resolutions are valid for a period of one year from the date of its passing.
2. To consider any other business of the company with the permission of the chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closed from 25-05-2012 to 31-05-2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another person as his / her proxy to attend and vote on his / her behalf. The Proxy form, must be received at the registered office of the Company, duly stamped, signed and witnessed not later than forty-eight (48) hours before the meeting.
3. Shareholders whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company (CDC) are requested to bring their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with their CDC Account Number for verification/ power of attorney with specimen signatures of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
4. For attending the meeting and appointing proxies CDC account holders will further have to follow the guidelines as laid in Circular 01, dated January 26, 2000. Issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
5. Members are requested to immediately inform the Company of any change in their address.
A statement under section 160 (1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, regarding the special business to be transacted at the EOGM is being sent to the members along with a copy of this notice.
For more information, Contact:
Ali Asghar Textile Mills Limited
306-308, Uni Tower,
I.I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi.
Phone: (9221) 32416060-2, 32467853
Fax: (9221) 32416063