Karachi, May 25, 2012 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find a copy of the Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on June 16, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra-ordinary General Meeting of Arif Habib Limited will be held on Saturday June 16, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. at the Beach Luxury Hotel, Moulvi Tamizuddin Khan Road Karachi, to transact the following business.
1) To confirm minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on October 22, 2011.
2) To consider and approve with or without any amendment the following resolution as special resolution;
“Resolved That the consent and approval be and is hereby accorded under Section 208 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for the following limits of Investment to be made in cash and/or in kind in the following company to make it subsidiary subject to the terms and conditions mentioned in the annexed statement under Section 160 (1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984″.
Rupees in Millions
|Name of Company||Proposed amount||Proposed amount for|
|for Equity Loan and Advances|
|Arif Habib Commodity (Pvt.)||100||100|
“Further Resolved That the Chief Executive and/or the Company Secretary be and are hereby singly authorized to take and do and/ or cause to be taken or done any/all necessary actions, deeds and things which are or may be necessary for giving effect to the aforesaid resolution and to do all acts, matters, deeds, and things which are necessary, incidental and/or consequential to the investment of the Company’s funds as above as and when required at the time of investment”.
3) To consider and approve with or without any amendment the following resolution as special resolution:
“Resolved That the transfer of Company’s Membership of Pakistan Mercantile Exchange alongwith related assets and liabilities at Cost to the newly incorporated wholly owned subsidiary M/s, Arif Habib Commodity (Pvt.) Limited be and are hereby approved”
“Further Resolved That the Chief Executive and/or the Company Secretary be and are hereby singly authorized to take and do and/or cause to be taken or done any/all necessary actions, deeds and things which are or may be necessary for giving effect to the aforesaid resolution and to do all acts, matters, deeds, and things which are necessary, incidental and/or consequential to the investment of the Company’s funds as above as and when required at the time of Investment”.
4) To consider any other matter with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from June 10, 2012 to June 16, 2012 (both days inclusive). Transfers received in order at the office of our share registrar: Share Registrar Department, Central Depository Company at Pakistan Limited, CDC Houses 99-B, S.M.C.H.S., Main Shahra-e-Faisal Karachi – 74400, by the close of business on June 9, 2012will be treated in time.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting may appoint another member as his/her proxy who shall have such rights as respects attending, speaking and voting at the meeting as are available to a member.
3. Procedure including the guidelines as laid down in Circular No.1 – Reference No. (3(5-A) Misc/ARO/LES/96 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan;
(I) Members, proxies or nominees shall authenticate their identity by showing original national identity card or original passport and bring their folio numbers at the time of attending the meeting.
(ii) In the case of corporate entity, Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall also be produced (unless provided earlier) at the time of meeting.
(iii) In order to be effective, the proxy forms must be received at the office of our registrar not later than 48 hours before the meeting, duly signed and stamped and witnessed by two persons with their name, address, NIC numbers and signatures.
(iv) In the case of individuals, attested copies of NIC or Passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with proxy form.
(v) In the ease of proxy by a corporate entity, Board of Directors resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature and attested copies of the NIC or Passport of the proxy shall be submitted alongwith proxy form.
4. Members are requested to promptly notify any change in address by writing to the officer of the registrar.
5. Statement under Section 160 (1) (b) of the Companies ordinance 1984 is being dispatched along with the notice to the shareholders.
For more information, Contact:
Zia ur Rahim Khan
CFO & Company Secretary
Arif Habib Limited
Arif Habib Centre,
23 M. T. Khan Road, Karachi 74000