Karachi, May 14, 2012 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find the copies of notice of Annual General Meeting – 2012 published in Urdu & English (Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad) in daily Nawa-i-Waqt and Business Recorder on 09/05/2012.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 21st Annual General Meeting of the members of the Bank will be held at Qasar-e-Noor, Main Boulevard, Gulberg-III, Lahore on Wednesday 30th May, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. to transact the following business:
1) To confirm the minutes of 20th Annual General Meeting held on September 30, 2010.
2) To receive and adopt the audited accounts of the Bank for the years ended December 31, 2009, December 31, 2010 and December 31, 2011 together with the report of Directors and the Auditors thereon.
3) To Appoint Auditors for the year ending December 31, 2012 and to fix their remuneration.
4) Any other item of business with the permission of the Chair.
1. Share Transfer Books of the Bank shall remain closed for transfer from 23-05-2012 to 29-05-2012 (both days inclusive).
2. All members are entitled to attend the meeting, however, the right of vote is restricted to those who are registered as such for a period of not less than three months prior to the date of the meeting as per section 17 (1) of The Bank of Punjab Act, 1989.
3. Members, whose shares are deposited with Central Depository Company of Pakistan Ltd., are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with Participant ID number and their account number in CDC to facilitate identification at the time of the Annual General Meeting. In case of proxy, an attested copy of proxy’s Identity Card, Participant’s ID and account number in CDC be enclosed. In case of corporate entity, the Board of Director’s resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (if it has not been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
Proxy in order to be valid must be deposited at the Corporate Affairs Department of the Bank at BOP Tower, 10-B, Block-E-II, Main Boulevard, Gulberg-III, Lahore not less than 48 hours before the meeting. The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
4. A member is entitled to appoint another member as proxy to attend the meeting.
5. The members should quote their folio number in all correspondence with the Bank and at the time of attending the Meeting.
6. Members are requested to promptly notify any change in their addresses to our Registrar M/s Corplink (Pvt.) Limited, Wings Arcade, 1-K, Commercial, Model Town, Lahore before book closure so that entitlement, if any, can be dispatched at the correct addresses.
7. Entry of the member or his/her duly authorized person will be on strict identification as per specimen signature on the Bank’s record.
For more information, Contact:
The Bank of Punjab
Head Office: BOP Tower,
10-B, Block E/II, Main Boulevard,
Gulberg III, Lahore,
Ph: + 92 42 35783843, 35783976
Fax: + 92 42 35783975