Karachi, May 29, 2012 (PPI-OT): Enclosed please find copies of Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting-2012 published in Urdu & English (Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad) daily Nawa-i-Waqt and Business Recorder on 26/05/2012.
Notice is hereby given that an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of shareholders of the Bank of Punjab will be held on Saturday, 30th June, 2012 at Qasar-e-Noor, Main Boulevard, Gulberg-III, Lahore at 10:00 a.m. to transact the following special business and shall also be deemed as the notice under the Bank’s Bylaws No.19 (1) of the Bank of Punjab.
1) Election of three Directors under Section 10 (1) (b) of The Bank of Punjab Act, 1989.
2) To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
Election of Directors
1. Share Transfer Books of the Bank shall remain closed for transfer from 23rd June 2012 to 29th June 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. It is notified as follows:
a) The Number of Directors to be Elected are Three.
b) The Name (s) of Directors who resigned/retiring are as under:
i) Mr. Viqar Ahmad Khan (Resigned)
ii) Mr. Rizwan Ullah Khan (Resigned)
iii) Mr. Farooq Ahmed Awan (Retiring on 30/06/2012)
3. Any person, who seeks to contest the election to the Office of Director, must be the holder, in his own right, of unencumbered shares of the Bank of the nominal amount of Twenty Five Thousand Rupees at the least as per Section 12 (1) of The Bank of Punjab Act, 1989.
4. As per Bank’s Bylaws No.19 (3) any person who seeks to contest an election to the Office of Director shall, file with the Bank, not later than fourteen (14) days before the date of the meeting at which election is to be held, a notice of his intention to offer himself for election of Director Such person can at any time before holding of the election withdraw this notice.
5. Guidelines under Fit & Proper Test (FPT) shall be complied with in terms of SBP, BPRD Circular No. 04 of 2007 dated April 23, 2007 in fresh appointments and/or renewals of the members of Board of Directors. All appointments in Bank/DFIs shall be subject to prior clearance from SBP and applications in this regard would be forwarded / routed through their concerned Banks/DFIs.
6. All members whose names appear in the Bank’s Members’ Register as on 30/03/2012 and continue to be the member up to 30/06/2012 are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting as per section 17 (1) of The Bank of Punjab Act, 1989.
7. The members whose shares are maintained in Central Depository System with the Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited should follow the guidelines for attending the meeting and appointment of proxies as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan in its Circular No. I of 2000 dated January 26, 2000.
8. Members are requested to promptly notify any change in their addresses to our Registrar M/s. Corplink (Pvt.) Limited, Wings Arcade, I-K, Commercial, Model Town, Lahore to ensure delivery of mail.
For more information, Contact:
The Bank of Punjab
Head Office: BOP Tower,
10-B, Block E/II, Main Boulevard,
Gulberg III, Lahore,
Ph: + 92 42 35783843, 35783976
Fax: + 92 42 35783975