Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of Premier Insurance Limited will he held on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. at the Auditorium of the institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) at Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi, to transact the following business.
1. To confirm the minutes of the 59th Annual General Meeting held on April 29, 2011.
2. To elect seven directors as fixed by the Board in accordance with the provisions of Section 178(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for a term of three years commencing from June 24, 2011 in place of the following retiring directors.
1. Syed Arshad Ali
2. Mr. Khalid Bashir
3. Mr Zahid Bashir
4. Mr. Imran Maqbool
5. Mr. Nadeem Maqbool
6. Mr. Khurram Mazhar
7. Mr. Shams Rafi
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the company will remain closed from Monday, June 20, 2011 to Monday, June 27, 2011 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the above meeting may appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his behalf. No person shall act as a proxy (except for a corporation) unless he is entitled to be present and vote in his own right. Instrument appointing proxy must be deposited at the registered office of the company at least 48 hours before the time of the meeting.
3. Shareholders are requested to promptly notify the company of any change in their addresses.
4. Any member who seeks to contest the election of a director, whether he is a retiring director or otherwise, shall file with the company at its Registered office not later than fourteen days before the date of the said meeting his/her intention to offer himself/herself for the election of the directors together with all relevant declarations in terms of the “Code of Corporate Governance”.
5. Representation of independent non executive directors including those representing minority interests on the Board of directors of the company is encouraged.
6. CDC account holders are advised to follow the guidelines as laid down in Circular No.1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
A. For attending the Meeting:
1) In Case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
2) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen Signatures of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the Meeting.
B. For appointing Proxies:
1) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the above requirement.
2) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned on the form.
3) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
4) The proxy shall produce his original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
5) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the company.
For more information, contact:
Premier Insurance Limited
5th Floor, State Life Building No. 2A,
Wallace Road, P.O. Box No.4140,
Karachi- 74000, Pakistan.
Tel: +9221 3241 6331-4
Fax: +9221 3241 6572