Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of Saritow Spinning Mills Limited will be held on Saturday March 24, 2012 at 11:00A.M. at 17-Aziz Avenue, Canal Bank, Gulberg-V, Lahore the Registered Office of the Company to transact the following business:
¬1. To confirm the minutes of Last Annual General Meeting held on January 31, 2012.
2. To elect Seven Directors as fixed by the Board under Sections 178 and 180 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years. The following Directors retire and are eligible for re election:
1. Mr. M. Naseem Saigol
2. Mr. M. Azam Saigol
3. Mr. M. Omer Farooq
4. Mr. M. Samir Saigol
5. Mr. Muhammad Ather Rafiq
6. Mr. Rashid Ahmed Javed
7. Syed Haroon Rashid (NIT Nominee)
8. Any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 24-03-2012 to 30-03-201 (both days inclusive).
2. Any person who seeks to contest the Election of Directors shall file with the Company at its Registered Office, 17-Aziz Avenue, Canal Bank, Gulberg-V, Lahore, not later than fourteen days before the day of the Meeting, his/her intention to offer himself/herself for Election of Directors in terms of Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 along with his/her consent to act as Director, if elected. Such consent should be accompanied by the following declaration:
a. I am aware of my duties and powers under the relevant law(s) and the Memorandum and Articles of Association of Saritow Spinning Mills Limited and the Listing Regulations of Stock Exchanges of Pakistan.
b. I am not serving as Directors of more than ten other listed Companies.
c. I am a registered tax payer at NTN #
d. I have not been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction as a defaulter in payment of any loan to banking Company, Development Financial Institution or a Non Banking Financial Institution or I being a Member of a Stock Exchange have not been declared as a defaulter by such Stock Exchange.
e. Neither I nor my Spouse is engaged in the business of Stock Brokage.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another Member as his/her proxy. Proxies in order to be effective, must be received at 17-Aziz Avenue, Canal Bank, Gulberg-V, Lahore, the Registered Office of the Company not later than forty-eight hours before the time for holding the meeting and must be duly stamped, signed and witnessed.
4. Members whose shares are deposited with (CDS) are requested to bring their original National Identity Cards or original Passport alongwith their Account Numbers in CDS for attending the meeting.
5. Members are requested to notify the Company Registrar of any change in their addresses,
For more information, contact:
Saritow Spinning Mills Limited
Ph #042-35717364-66, 35718274-76