Karachi, November 12, 2012 (PPI-OT): Please find enclosed herewith a copy of the Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on November 30, 2012 for circulation amongst your members.
The Register of members of the Company will remain closed from November 23, 2012 to November 30, 2012 (both days inclusive) for the purpose of Annual General Meeting.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 22nd Annual General Meeting of Saudi Pak Leasing Company Limited will be held on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at Saudi Pak Tower, 61-A, Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area, Islamabad to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on October 31, 2011 and the minutes of Extra-Ordinary General Meeting held on July 31, 2012.
2. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Company together with the Directors and Auditors’ Reports thereon for the year ended June 30, 2012.
3. To appoint Auditors for the year ending June 30, 2013 and fix their remuneration.
4. To elect the Directors of the Company for a period of three years commencing from December 15, 2012 in accordance with the provision of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The Board of Directors have fixed the number of Directors to be elected as Seven (7). Following are the names of the retiring Directors:
1. Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Hussain
2. Mr. Ihsanul Haq Piracha
3. Ms. Paveen A. Malik
4. Mr. Muhammad Tariq Masood
5. Mr. Arsalan Iftikhar Khan
6. Mr. Farrukh S. Ansari
7. Mr. Muhammad Farhan Malik
5. To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from November 23, 2012 to November 30, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint another member as his/ her proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. A Corporation being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its official or any other person whether a member of the company or otherwise.
3. An instrument of proxy or a Power of Attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or a notarially certified copy of such Power of Attorney, in order to be valid, must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
4. CDC account holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder, shall authenticate his/her identity by showing his/her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting. The shareholders registered on CDS are also requested to bring their participants I.D. numbers and account numbers in CDS.
ii) In case of a Corporate Entity, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/ Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of Meeting.
5. Members are requested to promptly notify any change of address to the Company’s Share Registrar, THK Associates (Pvt) Ltd., Ground Floor State Life Building No 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi.
For more information, contact:
Muhammad All Siddiqul
Saudi Pak Leasing Company Limited
6th Floor, Lakson Square,
Building # 1, Sarwar Shaheed Road,
Saddar, Karachi- 74200, Pakistan
Ph: 111-888-999, (021) 5655181-5, 5655215-9
Fax: (021) 5210607-9