Karachi: Please find enclosed a copy of the Notice of the Extraordinary General Meeting scheduled to be held on May 26, 2012 at 1100 for circulation amongst your members,
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra ordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of Shifa International Hospitals Ltd will be held at the registered office of the Company at Sector H-8/4, Islamabad on Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 1100 hours to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting of the Company held on October 08, 2011.
2. To elect Ten (10) directors as fixed by the Board U/s 178 (1) of (lie Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a period of three years commencing from May 28, 2012. The names of the retiring directors are Dr. Manzoor H. Qazi, Dr. Habib Ur Rehman, Dr. Abdul Razaq, Dr. Saeed A Bajwa, Dr. Mohammad Salim Khan, Mr. Muhammad Zahid, Mr. Shafquat Ali Chaudhary, Shah Naveed Saeed, Mr. Qasim Farooq Ahmad and Dr. Samea Kauser Ahmad. The retiring Directors are eligible for re-election.
3. To consider any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from May 19, 2012 to May 26, 2012 (both days inclusive). No transfer will be accepted during this period. The Shares for transfer may be lodged with the share registrar of the Company i.e. M/s Corplink (Pvt) Ltd. situated. at Wings Arcade, 1-K, Commercial Model Town, Lahore.
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint another member as his/her proxy to attend and vote for him/her. Proxies in order to be effective must be received at Registered Office, Sector: H-8/4, Islamabad of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
3. Any person who seeks to contest an election to the office of the director shall file with the Company at its registered office, not later than 14 days before the date of the meeting a notice of his/her intention to offer himself / herself for election as director, together with his/her consent to act as director and the declarations as required under the code of corporate governance.
4. Members are requested to notify any change in their registered addresses immediately.
5. CDC shareholders entitled to attend and vote at this meeting must bring his/her original CNIC or Passport along with the participant’s ID numbers and account numbers to prove his/her identity. In case of proxy, the attested copy of CNIC or passport of the CDC shareholders must be enclosed. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
For more information, Contact:
Shifa International Hospital Limited
Sector H-8/4, Islamabad – Pakistan