Karachi: In terms of the provision of Listing Regulation No. 18 (2), we are pleased to enclose herewith a copy of the Notice of the impending Annual General Meeting (both English and Urdu versions) of our Bank, including therein the proposed special resolution.
Further, the said notice of AGM shall be published in the newspapers and also despatched to the shareholders in due course of time.
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that Twentieth Annual General Meeting of Soneri Bank Limited will be held at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore on Friday, 30 March 2012 at 9.30 a.m. to transact the following business:
1) To confirm the minutes of last Extra-Ordinary General Meeting held on 22 April 2011.
2) To receive, consider and adopt Annual Audited Accounts together with the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon for the year ended 31 December 2011.
3) To appoint Auditors of the Bank and to fix their remuneration.
4) To transact such other ordinary business as may be placed before the meeting with the permission of the Chair.
5) To increase the Authorized Share Capital of the Bank from Rs. 10.0 billion to Rs. 12.0 billion and to pass with or without modification the following resolution as a Chair Special Resolution:
a) “Resolved That the Authorized Share Capital of the Bank be and is hereby increased from Rs. 10,000,000,000 (Rupees ten billion) to Rs. 12,000,000,000 (Rupees twelve billion) by the creation of 200,000,000 new ordinary shares of the face value of Rs. 10/- each.
b) Further Resolved That clause V of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Bank be altered by substituting the words and figures “rupees ten billion” (Rs. 10,000,000,000.00) and “one billion (1,000,000,000)” appearing respectively in clause V of the Memorandum of Association, with the words and figures “rupees twelve billion (Rs. 12,000,000,000)” and “one billion two hundred million (1,200,000,000)” respectively.”
A statement under Section 160 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 pertaining to the Special Business alongwith the resolution proposed to be passed is being sent to the shareholders with the Notice.
1. Share Transfer Books of the Bank will be closed from 23 March 2012 to 30 March 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting may appoint another member as his or her proxy to attend and vote. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received at the registered office of the Bank not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting, Proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) numbers shall be mentioned on the form. Proxy form is enclosed herewith.
3. The CDC account/sub account holders shall have to produce their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting for identification purpose, alongwith participant’s I.D Number and their Account No. in CDS.
In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution/ power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee together with the original proxy form duly filled in must be received at the registered office of the Company not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting. The nominees shall produce their original CNIC or original passport at the time of attending the meeting for identification purpose.
4. Shareholders are requested to notify any change in their addresses immediately.
Statements under Section 160 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984
This statement sets out the material facts concerning the special business to be transacted at the Twentieth Annual General Meeting of Soneri Bank Limited to be held on 30 March 2012.
Item No. 5 of the Notices:
It is proposed to increase the Authorized Share Capital of the Bank from Rs. 10.00 billion to Rs. 12.00 billion divided into 1,200,000,000 ordinary shares by creation of 200,000,000 new ordinary shares of the face value of’ Rs. 10/- each to facilitate further issue of Capital as and when required by the Bank as well as to meet the State Bank of Pakistan’s requirement.
For more information, Contact:
Soneri Bank Limited
Rupali House, 241-242,
Upper Mall Scheme, Anand Road,
Tel: (92-42) 35713101-04, (92-42) 35792180-99
Fax: (92-42) 35713095-96,