Karachi: Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company will be held at Hotel Avari, 87 – Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam, Lahore at 11:30 A.M on Thursday, June 23, 2011 for the purpose of transacting the following business:
i. To confirm the minutes of the 47th Annual General Meeting held on November 30, 2010.
ii. To elect thirteen Directors (excluding Managing Director, who would deem to be a Director under Section 200(2) of the Companies Ordinance 1984) as fixed by the Board of Directors, in their meeting held on April 27, 2011, in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 for a term of three years commencing June 26, 2011 in place of the following retiring Directors.
The following are the retiring Directors:
1. Mian Misbah-ur-Rehman
2. Dr. Faizullah Ahbasi
3. Syed Muhammad Asghar
4. Mr. M. Iqbal Awan
5. Mr. A. Samad Dawood
6. Mr. Abdul Bari Khan
8. Mr. Wazir Ali Khoja
9. Mian Raza Mansha
10. Mr. Inamur Rahman
11. Malik Tahir Sarfraz
12. Mr. Saeed Ullah Shah
13. Syed Zahir Ali Shah
iii. To transact any ordinary business with the permission of the Chairman.
The share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from Friday, June 17, 2011 to Thursday, June 23, 2011 (both days inclusive).
1) A member entitled to attend may appoint another member as his/ her proxy or may by Power of Attorney authorize any other person as his/ her agent to attend, speak and vote at the meeting. The Federal Government, a Provincial Government, a Corporation or a Company, as the case may be, being a member of the Company may appoint any of its officials or any other person to act as its representative and the person so authorized shall be entitled to the same powers, as if he were an individual shareholder.
2) The instrument appointing a proxy shall;
(a) be in writing; and
(b) be signed by the appointer or his/ her attorney duly authorized in writing or if the appointer is a body corporate, be under its seal or be signed by an officer or an attorney duly authorized by it.
3) The proxy must be signed across a Rupees five revenue stamp and it should be deposited in the office of the Company Secretary not less than 48 hours before the time of holding the meeting.
4) Shareholders are requested to notify any change in address immediately quoting their folio number(s).
5) CDC Account Holders will further have to follow the under mentioned guidelines as laid down in Circular 1 dated January 26, 2000 issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan:
A. For attending the meeting
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub – account holder and/ or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the Regulations, shall authenticate his / her identity by showing his / her original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or original passport at the time of attending the meeting.
ii) In case of corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced (unless it has been provided earlier) at the time of the meeting.
B. For appointing proxies:
i) In case of individuals, the account holder or sub-account holder and/ or the person whose securities are in group account and their registration details are uploaded as per the regulations, shall submit the proxy form as per the requirements mentioned below.
a) The proxy form shall be witnessed by two persons whose names, addresses and CNIC numbers shall be mentioned in the form.
b) Attested copies of CNIC or the passport of the beneficial owners and of the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.
c) The proxy shall produce his / her original CNIC or original passport at the time of the meeting.
ii) In case of a corporate entity, the Board of Directors’ resolution / power of attorney with specimen signature shall be submitted (unless it has been provided earlier) along with proxy form to the Company.
The extracts from the directives of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan dated March 28, 2002 as incorporated in the Listing Rules of the Stock Exchanges in regard to filing of consent by all persons proposed to be elected and / or nominated as Directors of the listed Companies and their qualification and eligibility to act in that capacity etc., are being sent to the shareholders alongwith this notice.
For more information, contact:
Karachi Stock Exchange
Tel: +9221 111-001122
Fax: +9221 3241 0825, +9221 3241 5136